Circa 1957 Pearl Harbor. Note the small davit, portside amid ships. This was installed for loading the new torpedoes. The tips of the torpedoes can be seen immediately below the davit. A newly installed steel ladder up the mast is clearly visible. The Hedgehog mounts abaft Mt. 32 can be recognized by the square shields which tilt forward. The Hedgehog operator's station was behind the shields.
Return to Photo Index Return to Home Page